Meet our Attorneys - Deirdre O'Donnell


We have the best attorneys in Camden County at the Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, PC!  Over the next few months we will profile an attorney at our firm to allow you to get to know them.

Meet Deirdre O'Donnell

Deirdre O'Donnell
I was born February 22, 1962 in St. Louis, Missouri. I graduated from Pattonville High School in St. Louis County in 1980, received a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Washington University in St. Louis in 1986, a Masters Degree in Social Work from Washington University in 1988, and a Juris Doctorate Degree from Washington University School of Law in 1996.


My parents were both musicians, so I was encouraged from a young age to play the piano. As a young adult I was a keyboardist in a small contemporary jazz group which performed in various venues in and around St. Louis and I studied jazz piano at Webster University. Later, I worked as a social worker where I gained experience and training that I credit for my organizational, listening and problem solving techniques that serve my legal practice well. I make personal service and open and frequent communication with clients indispensable components of my law practice.

After law school, I worked as an assistant public defender with the Missouri State Public Defender's System from 1996 to 1998, serving primarily the Camden County area. I joined the Camdenton, Missouri law firm of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, P.C. as an Associate in March of 1998 and became a shareholder of the firm in the year 2000. I have been a member of the Missouri Bar Association since 1996 and I am also a member of the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the 26th Judicial Bench and Bar Association and the Federal District Court, Western District of Missouri.

I practice in the areas of criminal defense, family law and general civil litigation. My criminal defense practice consists of pre-charge investigation representation, driving while intoxicated, boating while intoxicated, stealing, bad checks, robbery, burglary, assault, sex offenses, possession, manufacturing and sale of illegal drugs, illegal possession of prescription drugs, driving while license is suspended or revoked, child support, traffic citation representation, and Federal criminal defense. My family law practice includes adoption, divorce, custody, child support, paternity, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements and property settlements. My general civil practice includes personal injury, boat dock and property line disputes, probate administration and estate planning, real estate transactions, contracts and business formations.

My husband "Bob" and I have two growing sons. In addition to raising our sons, Bob and I enjoy bird hunting with our German Short Hair Pointer "Lady" and deep sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. My hobbies include gardening, listening to books on tape, scrap booking and attending Newcomers/Longtimers Club events.  I'm also an avid Harley rider, and if it's a nice day at the Lake, you might just see me and my husband on a ride!




We Are Effective Camden County Lawyers for all of your legal needs.
We Are There When You Need Us.

Subscribe to our blog for interesting legal information, announcements, and happenings around Lake of the Ozarks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, & Welch, P.C.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. When you need a knowledgeable attorney, we invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. We have access to interpreters.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover

Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, P.C.
85 Court Circle N.W., P.O. Box 559
Camdenton, MO 65020   GET A MAP
(573) 346-7231 - Telephone
(888) 236-2485 - Toll Free
(573) 346-4411 - Fax

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney

Legal Tips to Be Aware of When Entering Into a Marriage

Consequences Of Having A Criminal Record