Meet our Attorneys - David Welch

Meet David Welch

I was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey in 1953. I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and obtained my BA in Political Science in 1975 from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. I earned my Juris Doctor degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 1978 and associated with my present firm upon graduation. While in law school, I met and married my wife.  She received her teaching degree from Missouri and taught kindergarten in the Camdenton schools for twenty-one years.  We have two daughters, one lawyer and one elementary school teacher, who are also graduates of the University of Missouri.  We also have four grandsons under the age of three.

I am an active member of the St. Anthony Catholic Church parish in Camdenton. I have served on the board of the local subsidized housing project for more than 15 years. My interests include golf and Mizzou Tiger sports. In addition to the Missouri Bar, I am a member of the Camden County and 26th Judicial Circuit Bench & Bar Associations.



I was the City Prosecutor and Assistant City Attorney for the city of Osage Beach Missouri from 1999 to 2007 and earlier in my career I was City Attorney and Prosecutor for the City of Camdenton. In addition, I have represented public ambulance districts and fire departments.

In my practice, I have represented homeowners associations and condominium boards. I handle commercial and residential property sales and leases, represent property owners in boundary line and road disputes and due to our location at the Lake of the Ozarks, seawall and dock disputes.

My family law practice includes adoption, divorce, child-support, custody, prenuptial agreements, guardianship, conservatorship and paternity cases. I also practice in juvenile court on criminal matters and status offenses. I advise clients on estate planning matters and assist in the probate of decedent's estates. My practice also includes criminal and traffic law matters such as driving while intoxicated and careless and imprudent driving.

Areas of Practice
  • Real Estate
  • Divorce
  • Business Organizations
  • Traffic
  • Criminal
  • Adoption
  • Estate Planning
  • Litigation
Litigation Percentage
  • 25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Bar Admissions
  • Missouri, 1978
Education
  • University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri, 1978
    J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
  • University of Missouri, St Louis, Missouri, 1975
    B.A., Political Science
Representative Clients
  • Mid-Missouri Oil Company
  • Camden County Ambulance District
  • First National Bank-Camdenton
Professional Associations and Memberships
  • Camden County Bar Association
    Member 1978 - 2013; President, 1979-1980 and 1990-1991
  • Missouri Bar Association, 1978 - Present
    Member
  • Missouri Land Title Association
    Member
  • American Land Title Association.
    Member
  • 26th Judicial Bar Association
    Member
Past Employment Positions
  • Camdenton, MO, City Attorney, 1983 - 1990
  • Osage Beach, City Prosecutor, 1998 - 2007

We Are Effective Camden County Lawyers for all of your legal needs.
We Are There When You Need Us.

Subscribe to our blog for interesting legal information, announcements, and happenings around Lake of the Ozarks.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, & Welch, P.C.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. When you need a knowledgeable attorney, we invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. We have access to interpreters.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover

Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, P.C.
85 Court Circle N.W., P.O. Box 559
Camdenton, MO 65020   GET A MAP
(573) 346-7231 - Telephone
(888) 236-2485 - Toll Free
(573) 346-4411 - Fax

Comments

  1. If you or a loved one has been charged with a criminal traffic offense,no needworry.Traffic offenses AttorneyTraffic Offenses Attorney, Melvin S.Nash will take you away from this problem. Call today

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney

Legal Tips to Be Aware of When Entering Into a Marriage

Consequences Of Having A Criminal Record