Questions and Answers with Attorney David Welch

The Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, P.C. have the best attorneys in the Lake of the Ozarks area and a top notch support team to help you with most legal issues.  We want to feature the outstanding members of our firm via a series of Blogs where we ask some questions and get some insight on why they went into Law, learn about them as individuals, and feature what they do when they are not at work helping others.  We hope you enjoy this series, and we will feature a different team member every other week.

Question: Why did you become a lawyer?

Answer:  As an undergraduate, I had no idea what my career path would be. I was a political science major (with no particular interest in politics). My junior year I had to interview a lawyer for a class assignment and his passion for what he did really had an impact on me. I decided then and there that it was what I wanted to do.

Question:  Where did you go to school?

Answer:  I attended the University of Missouri-St. Louis from 1971 to 1975 and received a B.A. in Political Science. I spent the next 3 years at the University of Missouri-Columbia where I obtained my Juris Doctor degree in 1978.

David & Lucy

Question:  Who is your family? (Husband with background, kids, ages)

Answer:  I have been married to Lucy Hall (now a retired kindergarten teacher) since 1977 and have two daughters Katie, an attorney and Allie, an elementary school teacher. My wife and daughters all received degrees from Mizzou.

Question: What is your favorite movie?

Answer:  “It’s a Wonderful Life” with Jimmy Steward and Donna Reed. I have watched it every Christmas Eve since the early 1980s.

Question:  Is there a particular part of practicing law that makes you most proud of?

Answer:  The legal profession doesn't always have the best reputation these days, but I believe that a lot of what we do is helping people through difficult times. This is especially true in the family law area in which we are very active.



Question:  What are your hobbies?

Answer:  I am a Mizzou football fan. My whole family gets together for tailgates at most home games.



The Grandsons!


Question: When you want to relax, what do you like to do?

Answer:  My favorite activity is hanging out with my 4 grandsons (although it isn't always very relaxing!)









We Are Effective Camden County Lawyers for all of your legal needs.
We Are There When You Need Us.

Subscribe to our blog for interesting legal information, announcements, and happenings around Lake of the Ozarks.

Disclaimer: No attorney-client relationship is created by publication of this Blog.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, & Welch, P.C.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. When you need a knowledgeable attorney, we invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. We have access to interpreters.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover

Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, P.C.
85 Court Circle N.W., P.O. Box 559
Camdenton, MO 65020   GET A MAP
(573) 346-7231 - Telephone
(888) 236-2485 - Toll Free
(573) 346-4411 - Fax





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney

Legal Tips to Be Aware of When Entering Into a Marriage

Get to Know YOUR Lawyer - Charles E. McElyea