3 Questions To Ask Your Real Estate Lawyer When Selling Your Home

Have you ever considered how valuable an experienced real estate lawyer in Camden County can be to you? Having a Lake of the Ozarks attorney who can walk you through the ins and outs of real estate law can prevent you from making a huge mistake and could end up saving you a TON of money in certain circumstances. In this week's blog, our real estate attorneys at the Lake of the Ozarks are here to give you 3 questions you should ask your real estate lawyer when selling your home. If you are in need of an experienced real estate lawyer at the Lake of the Ozarks, call Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, and Welch today at (573) 346-7231 for your free consultation. We are located near the Camden County Courthouse at 109 East Highway 54, Suite 103 in Camdenton, MO. If you are unable to call one day but decide you still need legal help and you are in the neighborhood, stop by. We have an open-door policy and we welcome walk-in clients.

3 Questions To Ask Your Real Estate Lawyer When Selling Your Home

Question #1: Is it ok to let the buyers who are purchasing my house move in before they close on it?
Letting the buyers move in before you have actually could potentially be a horrible idea. This is partially due to the reality that there are many things that could go wrong and cause your closing to not happen. If you don't close and the buyers are already moved you could be looking at a "tenant" situation that could end up costing you tons in legal fees. Play it safe and don't allow buyers to move in until you have actually closed.

Question #2: Do I have to have a real estate agent in order to sell my house?
You don't necessarily have to have a real estate agent in order to sell your house. However, having an experienced real estate agent can help you because they likely have access to a large group of buyers and can do a lot of the work for you. That being said, if you have the time and are willing to put in the work that goes into selling a home on your own, you can certainly try it and may save money in the long run.

Question #3: When selling my home, do I need a Certificate of Occupancy (CO)? 
A Certificate of Occupancy or CO shows that all construction that has been done on said property has been completed to code, is safe, and livable, according to the city or town that property is in. Not all jurisdictions require a CO, but you should do the research in advance so there are no surprises at closing. Without this important document, it is possible that the mortgage company may not approve a loan to buy it.

Let the Real Estate Lawyers at Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, and Welch Help You To Prevent Any Legal Consequences!

From residential to commercial real estate transactions, including property line and dock disputes, we are Lake of the Ozarks area real estate lawyers who can take care of the details and reduce the risks in your real estate transaction. To meet your real estate needs, our title company, Phillips and McElyea Land Title Inc., performs title searches, writes title insurance, conducts real estate closings and more! Call today for your free consultation.

Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, & Welch, P.C.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. When you need a knowledgeable attorney, we invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. 

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
109 East Highway 54, Suite 103
Camdenton, Missouri
(573) 346-7231 - Telephone
(888) 236-2485 - Toll-Free
(573) 346-4411 - Fax


Popular posts from this blog

How Can a Criminal Record Affect Your Future?

Meet our Attorneys - Charles E. McElyea

Hot Summer Nights 2015