Questions and Answers with Attorney Matt Hamner

The Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, P.C. have the best attorneys in the Lake of the Ozarks area and a top notch support team to help you with most legal issues.  We want to feature the outstanding members of our firm via a series of Blogs where we ask some questions and get some insight on why they went into Law, learn about them as individuals, and feature what they do when they are not at work helping others.  We hope you enjoy this series, and we will feature a different team member every other week.

Q & A with Attorney Matt Hamner


Q)   Why did you become a Lawyer?

A)  I read the book To Kill A Mockingbird in Seventh Grade and thought Atticus Finch was the coolest and said “What a great way to make a living.”

Q)  Where did you go to school? (Undergrad/Law School)

A)   I received both my undergraduate and Law degrees from the University of Missouri-Columbia.

Q)   Who is your family?

A)  I have been married to my incredibly beautiful wife Sherrie for almost nine years. She grew up in West Plains, Missouri and is also an attorney. She is an Assistant Prosecutor for Camden County and I couldn’t be more proud of her. We have two amazing little girls. Isabella, who is seven, is a second grader at Osage Beach Elementary. Emery is almost four, and is in preschool.


 Q)   What is your favorite movie?

A)  Goodness, why don’t you just ask me which one of my kids I love the most? Sheesh. A big movie and TV fan, and there are just too many great ones to single one out.

Q)   Is there a particular part of practicing law that makes you most proud of?

A)  I am extremely proud that on a daily basis, I get to help people with some of the most difficult and challenging issues they face in their lives. No matter how smart a lawyer is, sometimes the best thing they can do is listen.




Q)   What are your goals?

A)  To keep my family safe and take care of them, and to help out as many other people along the way as possible.

Q)   What are your hobbies?

A)  I’m a big sports fan, and love watching and attending games and events. I play golf and tennis, and occasionally drive a race car.

 Q)   When you want to relax, what do you like to do?

A)  Hang out with my kiddos, who are the funniest people I know. I also enjoy traveling, watching TV and movies, and playing video games.



Q)   Who is your favorite US President and why?

A)  Ronald Regan. The first President I can remember and undoubtedly the first one I think of when the topic of “Presidents” comes up. An exceptional statesman.

Q)   What is the last book you really enjoyed and why?

A)   A Dance With Dragons – the fifth book in George R.R.Martin’s “Game of Thrones” series. A fan of the television series, I discovered the books and have really enjoyed the universe they create. Plus, I like watching the show with my wife and being able to torture her that I know what’s coming next.

We Are Effective Camden County Lawyers for all of your legal needs.

We Are There When You Need Us.

Subscribe to our blog for interesting legal information, announcements, and happenings around Lake of the Ozarks.

Disclaimer: No attorney-client relationship is created by publication of this Blog.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, & Welch, P.C.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. When you need a knowledgeable attorney, we invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. We have access to interpreters.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover

Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch, P.C.
85 Court Circle N.W., P.O. Box 559
Camdenton, MO 65020   GET A MAP
(573) 346-7231 - Telephone
(888) 236-2485 - Toll Free
(573) 346-4411 - Fax


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney

Legal Tips to Be Aware of When Entering Into a Marriage

Get to Know YOUR Lawyer - Charles E. McElyea