Get to Know YOUR Lawyer - Ronald Carpenter

Our Get to Know Your Lawyer blog series continues this month. Our law office at the Lake of the Ozarks is happy to feature Ronald Carpenter this month. Here at Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, and Welch, we get to know our clients as we help them through serious legal issues. Read on to get to know one of our most experienced attorneys, Ronald Carpenter.



Get to Know YOUR Lawyer - Ronald Carpenter


Q: Where are you from?


A: My name is Ronald K. Carpenter and I was born in Ventura, California, on November 4, 1948. I lived in southern California until 1959 when my parents purchased a small resort on the Glaize Arm of the Lake of the Ozarks. My parents were unhappy with the smog and congestion in southern California and since they were both born in Missouri it felt natural to return to their roots.


Q: Where did you attend school?



A: I started attending the Camdenton R-III School system in the 6th grade in 1959 and graduated from high school here in 1966. I attended the University of Missouri from 1966 to 1973 receiving my B.S. in Forestry in 1971 and my Juris Doctor in 1973.


Q: What is your background in law?



A: Immediately out of law school I worked for one year in the Office of the Public Defender for the 20th Judicial Circuit west of St. Louis. On June 6, 1974, I began working for the law firm of Phillips & McElyea and I have been with the law firm now for over 40 years.


Q: What are your areas of practice?



A: My practice is concentrated in the areas of estate planning, business organizations, general real estate law and real estate development, probate administration, including guardianships and conservatorships, and civil litigation revolving around these areas of practice.


Q: Who is your family?



A: I married my high school sweetheart, Jo, on January 25, 1969, and we have now been married almost 50 years. We have two children, Amy and Doug, and three grandchildren.


Q: What are your interests outside of work?



A: My interests outside the office include golf, Mizzou Tiger sports, reading and spoiling my grandchildren.


Q: What community and professional organizations are you involved in?



A: I am active in several civic and community organizations including the Camdenton R-III Education Foundation (Past President of the Board of Directors), Dogwood Animal Shelter (President from 1976 to 2001), Camdenton Laker Athletic Boosters Organization, Camdenton Rotary Club, and Camden County Chapter of the University of Missouri Alumni Association. I am also a member of the following professional organizations: Camden County Bar Association, 26th Judicial Circuit Bench & Bar Association and the Missouri Bar Association.




We look forward to assisting you with whatever your legal needs may be. Our experienced attorneys in the Lake of the Ozarks area help clients through a wide range of legal issues. We are effective Camden County attorneys and we are there when you need us. To schedule a free 30 minute consultation, call our office at 573-346-7231.




Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, & Welch, P.C.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. When you need a knowledgeable attorney, we invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. We have access to interpreters.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.

85 Court Circle N.W., P.O. Box 559
Camdenton, MO 65020   GET A MAP
(573) 346-7231 - Telephone
(888) 236-2485 - Toll Free
(573) 346-4411 - Fax



Like Us on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney

Legal Tips to Be Aware of When Entering Into a Marriage

Get to Know YOUR Lawyer - Charles E. McElyea