Get to Know YOUR Lawyer - David Welch

Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter & Welch has had the pleasure of getting to know many clients over the years. Throughout that time, we've been able to help so many people achieve the legal results they were hoping for. Now, our experienced lawyers in Camdenton would like for you to get to know them a little better. Last month, we featured Brooke Christy, Attorney at Law. This month, we are featuring David Welch.



Get to Know YOUR Lawyer - David Welch



Q: Where are you from and where did you attend college?



A: I was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey in 1953. I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and obtained my BA in Political Science in 1975 from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. I earned my Juris Doctor degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 1978 and associated with my present firm upon graduation. While in law school, I met and married my wife. She received her teaching degree from Missouri and taught kindergarten in the Camdenton schools for more than 20 years. We have two daughters, one lawyer and one elementary school teacher, who are also graduates of the University of Missouri.


Q: What community organizations are you involved in and what do you do for fun?



A: I am an active member of the St. Anthony Catholic Church parish in Camdenton. I have served on the board of the local subsidized housing project for more than 15 years. My interests include Mizzou Tiger sports and my five grandchildren. In addition to the Missouri Bar, I am a member of the 26th Judicial Circuit Bench & Bar Association.





Q: What were some of your past jobs?



A: I was the City Prosecutor and Assistant City Attorney for the City of Osage Beach Missouri from 1999 to 2007 and earlier in my career I was City Attorney and Prosecutor for the City of Camdenton. In addition, I have done work for public ambulance districts and fire departments.


Q: What are your areas of practice?



A: In my practice, I have represented homeowner’s associations and condominium boards. I handle commercial and residential property sales and leases, representing property owners in boundary line and road disputes and due to our location at the Lake of the Ozarks, seawall and dock disputes.
My family law practice includes adoption, divorce, child support, custody, prenuptial agreements, guardianship, conservatorship, and paternity cases. I also practice in juvenile court on criminal matters and status offenses. I advise clients on estate planning matters and assist in the probate of decedent’s estates. My practice also includes criminal and traffic law matters such as driving while intoxicated and careless and imprudent driving.


We hope you enjoyed getting to know our very own, David Welch a little better. Stay tuned next month as we continue our Get to Know YOUR Lawyer blog series. If you are in need of experienced legal representation at the Lake of the Ozarks, call our office today. We are not afraid to fight for your rights.


Law Offices of Phillips, McElyea, Carpenter, & Welch, P.C.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertising. When you need a knowledgeable attorney, we invite you to contact us to set up a consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. We have access to interpreters.

We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.

85 Court Circle N.W., P.O. Box 559
Camdenton, MO 65020   GET A MAP
(573) 346-7231 - Telephone
(888) 236-2485 - Toll Free
(573) 346-4411 - Fax


Like Us on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons To Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney

Legal Tips to Be Aware of When Entering Into a Marriage

Consequences Of Having A Criminal Record